- All residents of Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk-do.
- A member of an institution in Daegu or Gyeongsangbuk-do that has signed a partnership with the Library.
*KNU alumni who graduated more than 2 years ago can use the Library for 1 year by donating 50,000 won to the KNU Growth Fund.
- A local resident who makes a lump-sum payment of 100,000 won to the KNU Growth Fund (specified to support the Library).
An elite member must have satisfied one of the following requirements:
- Donated over 1,000 books (of such quality that they can be registered as library books).
- Donated at least 1 million won to the KNU Growth Fund (specified to support the Library).
- Donated over 100 old books ('old book' refers to historical documents published or copied prior to 1910).
- Donated precious or rare books (subject to separate screening, regardless of the number donated).
*'Precious book' refers to historical documents published or copied prior to 1592 (25th year of King Seonjo) for Korean books, prior to 1506 (first year of Zhengde Emperor) for Chinese books, prior to 1614 (19th year of Keicho) for Japanese books, and prior to the 17th century for books from the other countries, or other books that are considered to have historical value.
- A local resident who has signed up over ten times as an ordinary member.
- Applications must be made at the Check-out counter, 1F of Library.
- Application hours: until 17:30 on weekdays (excluding lunch hour).
- Period of validity
- Ordinary member: one year from date of issuance.
- Elite member: 20 years from date of issuance.
- Resident Registration Certificate or Driver’s License
- Receipt for payment of 100,000 won to the KNU Growth Fund (specified to support the Library).
- Local Community Membership Application Form 1copy
Payment methods to KNU Growth Fund
- Bank transfer
- Shinhan Bank. 801-01-072162 (Kyungpook National University Growth Fund Sponsor)
- Daegu Bank. 218-10-000494 (Kyungpook National University Growth Fund Sponsor)
- Direct payment to KNU Growth Fund Office: Room 606, Global Plaza (during office hours).
- Borrowing limit: up to 5 books
- Check-out period: up to 14 days (renewable twice).
- Borrowing limit: up to 10 books
- Check-out period: up to 30 days (renewable twice).
- For issues such as late return, check-out suspension period, lost book reimbursement, and unauthorized check-out of library materials, Kyungpook National University Library Regulations and Operation Rules will apply.
- Contact Information: Central Library 1F Checkout and Return Team ☎ 053-950-4672~4676