Check-out Procedures and Policies
- Books can be checked-out using the automated check-out machine or check-out counter on the 1st floor of the Central library.
- A valid KNU staff ID or student ID is required when checking-out books.
- Non-KNU personnel can register for a check-out card at the check-out counter located on the 1st floor of the Central library.
- A user may not check-out two or more copies of the same book(i.e. identical book title, author, publisher, edition, and volume number).
- Check-out periods
- This can be checked as follows : Library Website > My Library > Check-out/Reserve status lookup.
- The check-out period can be extended up to two (2) times, unless the book or material has a check-out reservation.
- There is no extension for reserved materials.
Check-out limits and lending periods
|Graduate student (Master, Ph.D.)||20||30|
|Professor (Full, Assistant, Associate, F/T lecturer)||50||180|
|F/T Researcher, Affiliated Faculty||20||30|
|KNU alumni who apply for check-out privileges||5||14|
|KNU students on leave of absence||5||14|
|Local member (Elite)||5||14|
|Local member (Regular)||10||30|
|classify||Monday - Friday||Saturday|
|During Semester||08:00 - 21:00||09:00 - 17:00|
|During Vacation||09:00 - 18:00||09:00 - 17:00|
* Automated check-out machine is available from 08:00 and automated book-return machine can be used after hours.
- Books or materials must be returned before the due date and checked at the return desk or automated book-return machine.
On holidays and after hours, books or materials can only be returned using the automated book-return machine.
- In the case of any leave of absence, all books and materials be must returned to the library.
- Graduating students must return all their checked-out books no later than two (2) weeks prior to their graduation date.
- If a user registers their email address and cell phone number in the customized services (My Library), approaching due dates will be notified to the user.
Penalties for late returns
- Further borrowing will be restricted based on the number of late days .
- Number of late books x late days x 10 minutes of community service.
Lost or Damaged
- For lost or damaged books and materials, the user will be responsible to cover the full cost of replacement.
- If the same books or materials are not available, the user will be responsible to cover the full cost of a similar book or material.
* The user will also be responsible to cover any shipping costs involved with replacing the lost or damaged books or materials.
Penalties for on-site damage of library materials
If any library books or materials are damaged or destroyed on library property 2016-12-20(by mistake or deliberately) or taken out of the library without authorization, the responsible party will be liable to the following penalties :
- Fine of twice the market value of the damaged book or material.
- One-year restriction on borrowing library materials, plus notification of the relevant Department Chair and other penalties in accordance with University Code, Article 65.
- Contact Information: Central Library 1F Checkout and Return Team ☎ 053-950-4672~4676