Turn-it-in: program designed to prevent plagiarism in theses or papers based on determining a quantified level of similarity between a submitted paper and existing theses; the search covers 11.5 billion web pages and over 25 million academic journals globally.
- 1.Most widely used plagiarism prevention service.
- 2.Various search resources, including web pages, theses, papers, books, and materials from academic societies and publishers.
- 3.Direct comparison of sources: compares sources and object on same screen.
- 4.Various modes of submission: HWP, Text PDF, DOC, HTML, TXT, Word Perfect.
- 5.Quantitative display: ratio match shown in percentile compared with object.
- 6.Unlimited upload and unlimited access.
- 7.Time for comparing one thesis: 3 to 10 minutes (according to length of thesis)
- Log-in to homepage of Turnitin.
- Join membership top right
(for institution ID and PW, see below)
- Submit paper to be checked for similarity.
- Student authority: all users sign up with student authority.
- User joins Open Class Room where user can check for plagiarism in a paper, and then enter the user’s ID and PW.